Monday, February 11, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (2/11/08)


Today's Pick of the Week is the first in a series of farming video games. I've never played Harvest Moon for the SNES for more than a few minutes but I love some of the later games. I've kind of burned out on the series but I would buy a Wii version if it has online capabilities.

In theaters this week, stop me if you've heard this one before: George Romero makes a zombie movie....


On DVD we have George of the Jungle: The Complete Series. This cartoon was made by the same man who created Bullwinkle, and it's very funny.

I know nothing about this movie, but the title seems appropriate for Thursday.

I've never seen this movie but I'm poining it out because it features a pre-freak Michael Jackson.

Watch the variety show of a man who now insures his chest hair!

POKEMON! Seriously, how many episodes does this show have? I thought I watched the first season but this set seems to have a different premise. Do these sets have the lost episodes because that would be the only reason to buy these things.

I grew up with the Beatrix Potter books. Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny once got stuck in a water pot with onions while hiding from a cat. Silly rabbits.

I love Batman The Animated Series, but I've never seen any of the full length features. I guess I should someday. Here's Subzero and Mask of the Phantasm in one set.

Wow, this will keep everyone awake. It's a dvd about recycling. Don't forget to reuse the dvd as a...uh, frisbee I guess.


It's the continuing adventures of...BIBLEMAN!!!!!!


In the late nineties my family and I became huge Jackie Chan fans. Operation Condor (I think) had a fun fight where Jackie took on some amazon warriors and got his butt kicked after punching one of them in her breasts. I still have yet to see Drunken Master.

Lastly, I have to say that I miss Earnest movies. Not because I've seen any, but because I think the Simpsons was a better show when they were telling Earnest jokes. Can the downfall of the Simpsons be blamed on the death of Jim Varney? No, the writers should be blamed, but Jim Varney is missed.

No comments: