Monday, June 9, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (6/9/08)


I'm picking The Incredible Hulk as my Pick of the Week. I didn't care for the original, so hopefully this is a makeup. Let's hope the Hulk gets more screentime.


On DVD is Flatland: the Movie. I usually skip amazon entries without a picture, but I do want to see this movie. I read Flatland in freshman English class. It's about a square that meets a sphere and has to deal with the concepts of other X-dimensional creatures. The women were squiggly lines and were brutal in the book.


I saw several tv series sets that made me wince, so I'll poin out this fourth season of the Odd Couple if only because I used to watch it.

Just in time for the finals, it's NBA Bloopers. I hope it includes a dvd chapter on that referee who was busted last year.

This dvd includes both versions of The Omen, and this dvd includes both versions of Planet of the Apes. Good or bad, depending on how you compare the latter version to the original.

DIC Gold Collection
has movies based on some of their shows. I wouldn't have listed this if it weren't for the fact that I used to watch a couple of these shows, but I have no idea what the movies are about. Probably just four or five part episodes.

Also out in theaters this week is Happening, a film by M. Night Shyamalan where...oh, you've moved on already, haven't you?

On the Virtual Console today is Dig Dug for the NES. Seriously, Nintendo, are you trying any more? This is 600 Wii poins, which is twice as much as it should be.

No comments: