Monday, June 16, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (6/15/08)


My Pick of the Week is the second set of Popeye cartoons. These come from 1938-1940. There's less shorts, so the set is much cheaper. I believe that these cartoons are color but I'm not sure. I like the fact that a couple are named "Wimmin Is a Myskery" and "Wimmin Hadn't Oughta Drive." Exactly!!



Also out this week in theaters is the Get Smart movie. I haven't seen any summer movies yet but I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up seeing this one. You may notice that I'm not confident about it, but at least it's not the Mike Myers movie that's also coming out this week.

Speaking of bombs, in more way than one, it's The Nude Bomb, the 1980 Get Smart movie. I'm sure my dad has a copy so I should sit down and watch this someday.

Also out on DVD this week is Disney's The Sword In The Stone. I've seen this movie several times and the wizard/witch duel is my favorite scene.

On the Nintendo DS is Arkanoid. I've never had much luck with this game: I can never get passed the third level. However, this version allows you to use the stylus, which could be helpful.

Finally for the Wii is a Wacky Races game. It's about time! I wonder what a crazy cross-country racing game would be like.

No comments: