Monday, June 23, 2008

This Week in Entertainment (6/23/08)


(Clang clang, clang clang clang, clang clang, clang clang clang.) The second Futurama movie is My Pick of the Week. Let's hope this is as good as the last one and Al Gore free.

Also out on dvd this week is 10000 B.C. I thought it would be worth watching for the dumb blockbuster value, but the reviews were harsh, so I'll probably skip this.

Xanadu was reviewed twice at my favorite bad movie site. I even downloaded the clip found at badmovies.org about the cheesy opening and played it several times. I'll have to see this one day, but I'm not getting this one because I can't see me needing the soundtrack.


Out in theaters this week is Pixar's latest, Wall-E. I like Pixar but they haven't interested me since Finding Nemo. However, the trailer I saw the other day made the film look far more interesting. I'll have to give the Short Circuit jokes to rest for now.



On the Wii is the latest version or incarnation or sequel (I don't know) of Alone in the Dark. I've actually played a demo of the original. It was slower than Resident Evil and there was only one room as far as I could tell. The reviews have been harsh on this game so I'll probably pass.


Out on the Virtual Console this week is Alex Kidd and Miracle World. Alex Kidd was Sega's pre-Sonic mascot. We had this game because it was built in to the Sega Master System we got. It was a fun game but I never beat it. The bosses played rock/paper/scissor and they were a pain. This game is probably 500 Wii Poins.

No comments: