Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Third Day of Christmas



Today's ornament is another Santa. In this case, he was part of a promotion from one store where they gave away several different Santas from the 20th century. This one is the famous Coca-Cola Santa. I think the earliest Santa was from 1903.

I'm holding this in a box because we never actually hung them on a tree. We just wanted to collect them all.

I forget which store gave this away. It was probably some high- to mid- scale department store that isn't around anymore.


Edit: I just checked the package and the price tag says Peebles. In fact, here's a site that seems to be dedicated to this particular set of statues and a lot more.

2 comments:

wurwolf said...

Do you have the entire collection? I wonder what they're worth.

Tork said...

I thought we got them all. I'm not sure if we still have them. I wish I could remember what store it was that sold them so I could do a search about them.