Tuesday, December 16, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (12/16/08)



My belated Pick of the Week is the final episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, entitled 8Bit is Enough. It stars Trogdor and Stinkoman doing things, or something. 1000 Wii poins for this WiiWare game.


Also out this week in theaters is Yes Man, the latest Jim Carrey movie. I'm guessing it's a very limited take on Liar Liar. I used to be a big fan of Carrey but I don't think he's made a movie this decade other than the Grinch movie that I didn't care for.

On DVD is the sixth volume for the Teen Aqua Hunger Force. Was this show really on that long?

Here's a set of the Little Mermaid Trilogy. Trilogy? Yes, they did make a second direct to home movie at some poin. It's about Ariel's past or something. I never saw the second one either. It's sad to talk so dismissively about this set because the original was a great movie.

Here's the Ultimate Bean collection, which includes the cartoon and two movies with the main series. All this is missing is a free teddy bear.

Is it wise to advertise an exercise video as Skinny Bitch Fitness? Would, say, your wife be happy if you gave this to her?

This is a documentary about Macintosh, because there hasn't been enough Apple love in the media. (Ok, so I'll admit that the iPhone is cool. But I wish people wouldn't post those stickers around. It's scary.)


On the Wii we have Rock Band 2. I'm not exactly sure what makes this different from the first game. Presumably this comes with the drums, guitar, and mike?

Question: Can the DS handle 3d first person shooters? Answer: If C.O.R.E. is a sign, the DS can handle Wolfenstein 3D first person shooters.

Here's another mystery game for the DS. I wish I had a lot more free time so I could buy some of these DS puzzlers.

No comments: