Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mickey's Amazing Really Real True Rock Facts!

I've been a music fan for a long time. During my years of listening, I've uncovered some startling facts about the artists of today and yesterday that I'll share with you, the reader. Remember, these are real. You can't make this stuff up!


-Eddie Vedder moved from Hawaii after he was disgusted with his original band, Pineapple Jam

-Barenaked Ladies, are in fact, ladies. They all had sex changes

-An astonishing 75% of Jay-Z's lyrics are just about how you're listening to Jay-Z

-In the grand tradition of Robert Johnson and the devil, Elvis sold his soul to Krispy Kreme

-Not only are Elvis, 2 Pac, and Michael Jackson still alive, they're shopping a new season of the Surreal Life

-Kid Rock is neither a kid or a rock

-The subliminal messages in Stairway to Heaven really say "To my sweet Uncle Morty, may his deli remain #1 in Brooklyn"

-The song Suicide is Painless was written by a Cubs fan

-Due to a common misconception, the Mayan calendar actually ends in 2112, thus successfully foretelling the coming of Geddy Lee

- Eminem's original rap name: MC Skittle

-In an attempt to appeal to a younger demographic, Slayer has booked the Wiggles as the opening act for their next tour

-HD radio is just radio's version of the New Coke conspiracy

-Axl Rose is an anagram for "Batshit Insane"

-U2 was inspired to write I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For after the Edge lost the remote

-Jimmy Buffet's allergic to parrots


Stay tuned! Perhaps I'll share more of my vast knowledge with you!

2 comments:

Tork said...

Updates? On my blog?

PM said...

You missed one: Hank Williams, Jr is secretly very rarely ready for some football.