Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (8/4/09)

My Pick of the Week is this DVD set of Screwball Comedies of the thirties. Why would I pick this? Because it includes My Sister Eileen, which includes a cameo from the Three Stooges during their peak years.


Also out this week is G.I.Joe. This movie looks terrible. The trailer has a scene where the Eiffel Tower falls, and I can't help but laugh at the people running away from it. It looks like they're trying to outrun it! I'd expect this to be the exercise routine of a Starfleet officer in the holodeck.

I remember when Quackbusters first came out. It was one of those movies that blended lots of old animation with some new bits. Now that we live in the DVD/Internet era that method of selling old stuff as new is obsolete.


I don't like public dog schools. That's why I'm home schooling my dog!

No comments: