Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (8/12/09)


I'm picking this complete collection of Are You Being Served? as my belated Pick of the Week if only if it gives people more reasons not to tune into public television. When's the last time PBS has been any good? Exactly.


Also out this week is SuperFriends, the lost episodes. Lost for a reason if you can see the cover. I've officially lost count on which dvd sets have what. Just stick with Challenge of the SuperFriends. Those episodes are hilarious.

YogaButt.

This is the latest of films that were made to trick blind aunts and grandmas into buying a movie that looked like a recent hit Disney film. I wouldn't mind seeing a documentary of the process of making a cheap knock-off animation film.

Speaking of cheap cartoons, here are some more Three Stooges cartoons from the sixties. I wouldn't mind owning a complete set of these but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were lost. I doubt I would find many jems in the collection. At least the live action wrap around segments are available alone on other sets.

Hey, shut up about Western Maryland ending. The West side is way better than the East side.


On the Wii we have Madden 10. Do I go with a joke about how these football games are all the same with seasonal roster upgrades or do I go with a joke about how the Skins are going to suck this season? Whatever. Arizona still should have won that game. I'm still bitter about the last two Super Bowls.

On WiiWare we have Rock N' Roll Climber, a game about climbing. If you fall off the mountain, do they call you something lame like classical musician?

On the Virtual Console is Super Star Wars. I'd download that game if Greedo was a boss.

No comments: