Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 1: Chapter 6

Welcome back!

A little building update first, and then on with the story!


The Bumblefudges are swimming in money right now, so I decided to build them a nice little money sink family vault to keep their riches in.



This is the first floor and I hope that eventually there will be something there, but for now the good stuff is underground. Everybody wants a cool underground vault, right?


Some nice countertops to put things on. As you can see, I didn't get that last countertop in on the bottom-most corner. Ran out of money. That's ok, though. This game is more fun when your Sims have to work a little harder.

Now to empty wurwolf's inventory onto those counters and see what she thinks.


As you can see, she is overcome with emotion at the sight of all her jewels and ingots and things.


"Ohhhhhh, man! It's like... I can see my hand moving!"

wurwolf.... what are you growing in that garden of yours, anyway?


So usually when you get a deathcall about a Sim they die in the next day or two. We got Fabio's deathcall a freaking long time ago, but he's still kicking around!

I want wurwolf to move on to other guys, but I just don't have the heart to make her break up with Fabio. I've been waiting for his death to relieve me of my responsibilty, but the guy is just hanging on!

I thought maybe the game forgot about him, so I invited him over to hopefully remind the game of his advanced age. Even kill him on our lot if it feels like.


"Imagine that. I get home from school and Mom's out on the lawn making out with some guy."

"This is not some guy! This is your father!"

"So. You're my father, huh?"

"I guess? (wurwolf, who is this kid?)"

The reunion is pretty uneventful. Fabio doesn't even have the good grace to die in our kitchen.


So as useful as the sprinklers are, here's the really annoying thing: Any time your Sims have a spare moment, they'll want to strip down to their swimsuits and jump around in the sprinklers like idiots. I wouldn't care so much if it was only children or childish Sims, but even the most serious elderly Sim loses all self control to the siren song of the yard sprinkler. It's kind of irritating.


And it's wurwolf's birthday! YA-to-Adult transitions are sort of pointless. The only thing that changes is that the game resets her hair and I have to make her change it back again.

I've come to the conclusion that the game thinks Fabio is immortal, so I decided not to wait for him to die and just invited some random guy over to try to get wurwolf laid anyway.

But as soon as wurwolf makes a move, BOG freaks out. He met his dad one time and it was pretty lackluster, but he is still outraged at this betrayal.

Weirdly, most of his rage is directed at the innocent dude who is impotently trying to resist wurwolf's rapey octopus arms, but not at his mother who is perpetrating the actual betrayal. (Not that their relationship didn't take a hit.)

Sims.



Completely unable to find any action at all (is EVERYBODY in this town married???), wurwolf decides to go for a walk.

Whose house is this, I wonder?

Why, it's Angie!

"Oh, hey wurwolf. About time you came for a visit. What, you too busy whoring around to say hi to your own sister?"

"Boy do I wish I could hit her with a wrench..."

I mainly sent wurwolf over here so I could see how Angie's living now that she's out on her own.

Boy howdy does this woman like brown and tan squares!

Heh. Spaceships.

The next day I send wurwolf out for some more meet and greet, but of nowhere I'm unceremoniously whisked away from this to witness... Oh no!

wurwolf rushes home but there's nothing she can do but watch.

At least Sally goes with more dignity than Jeb did.

So that's the end of Sally Bumblefudge, about the best founding Sim you could ask for. So long, Sal.


BOG was out on the town when he telpathically recieved the news.


Not knowing what else to do, he turns and shares his grief with... Oh. Nice choice there, kid.

Kind of creepy thing? BOG gossips the news of his grandmother's death to his aunt Angie... and they both giggled.


BOG's grandmother died on his birthday. :o(

So there were a couple of scary moments during his aging process, but he seems to have turned out ok.

So I neglected to tell you what trait Fabio Jr. got when he aged from a child to a toddler. The game made him a technophobe. So we have a music lover who can't bear to have a stereo in his home. Great.

Fabio Jr. wasn't great with studying, so the game picked his teen trait as well: he's a loner.

Thanks, game. You're really helping me turn this kid into the rock god I had planned.


"Excuse me? Why do you keep calling me Fabio Jr? My name is Boggy."

You wear the hair, you get the name. I told you this.

"But I don't like it."

Then you better get yourself to a mirror toot sweet.

Ok, this is better.

The real BOG has waves of curly black hair shooting out of his noggin like a big hairy fountain. Hair like that doesn't come in the Sims 3, not even an afro, and this is the closest thing to it I could download.

The real BOG also has a goatee, but teen Sims don't get many options for facial hair, so this is as close as it gets before he's an adult.

With Real BOG being a white guy with black hair and Sim BOG being a black guy with light brown hair, they're almost like photonegatives of each other.

"Hey, Boggy? I just wanted to talk to you for a minute."

"Oh, geez, what kind of line is she going to try to feed me this time?"

"I just wanted to say that I saw how upset you were about That guy I tried to hug the other day, and I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that in front of you."

"You shouldn't have done it at all, Mom, geez! You're still going steady with my dad!"

"You know, you're right, Son. I've been putting it off because I keep thinking the old coot has to die sooner or later, but I guess it's time I did the right thing and just broke up with your father."


"OH MY GOD MOM YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'M EVEN MAD, DO YOU??? YOU NEVER UNDERSTOOD ME!!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!! AAARRGH!!!"

"...ok, Son, if that's what you want..."

It's getting late, so everybody heads off to bed. But late that night, BOG wakes up, and while wurwolf is still fast asleep...

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Woooo! The guitar pays off!

Very nice reveal there, Lita. :o)