Thursday, October 18, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 11

Last time on King's Dominion 2007: I finally got off that tower.








Here's more of the lake with all the lillipads. I guess I decided to get a little arty, except the picture is still blurry. Here's a sprinkler in the middle of the lake.





Ok, I got off my lazy butt and looked at the map. This is called the Country Kitchen and it serves stuff like ribs, fried chicken, etc.





Apparently the previous pictures lacked rocks, so here you go.





Now I get to waste three pictures with this hole that was a little left of the previous pictures I've taken. I want to say I was out of line for the Blue Ridge Tollway, but I remember otherwise. Given the order of the pics, I'll say I was standing in front of a fence looking at the lake.





It looks like a cave from here, but it was probably part of a bridge.





Or a drain. Whatever.





Oh, here is the picture I mentioned in the last update. This is the exit that wasn't for the Flying Eagles. Maybe I took a picture of the Flying Eagles long before I got on it, which I did for other rides like the Triple Spin.





Ah, now onto the swings ride. I must have walked by this several times before I finally got on it. The first few times I walked by I wasn't sure if it was for adults. I didn't want to stand in line and look like an idiot.





Later I wanted to get on but I had just eaten, so I had to put it off.





The swings line wasn't long at all, but I had to climb through the bars because they didn't allow you to cut through them. Which was awkward for me and my large body.

I finally got on a swing that was green. Because green is a great color.





Another shot of the Eiffel Tower. Just because I can.





I think I was on my way back to the locker at this poin. Here's some flower that I saw.





I don't know why I found it so important. It looks like it's wilting.





Here's a ride I alluded to previously. It's a water ride where you get on a raft shaped like a honeycomb. You get into a slide and you end up deposited in this funnel. I think it's called the Tornado.

I would have loved to go on this ride if I wasn't so self-conscious.





Here's a ride you couldn't get me on. Right next to the Hypersonic XLC, you can have bungies cords attacked to yourself and be dropped from real high. Yep, it's just like flying. Of the many reasons why I wouldn't do that, one was because it seemed like the people were flying awful close to the Hypersonic XLC. I get vertigo just thinking about that.







There was also some souvenir shops and a diner over in this area. I believe I was looking for a drink at this poin, and I was still poking around the shops seeing if there was anything interesting.




Did I mention that you can have more than one person go on the ride? Or that they were nuts?





I'm probably wrong, but I think this is the Scrambler. It's not unlike a ride at Ocean City, so I decided to go on it.

This ride is responsible for breaking a tip off one of the arms of my glasses. I was really annoyed when I opened up the case and saw that, but I still haven't replaced my glasses. By now I'm just waiting to see if anybody notices it.

By the way, it's about 4-5 pm, and this was the last ride I got on. Really. It wasn't my intention but that's how it turned out.





I wondered around the kid section and found this. I wonder if anybody could have guessed that Scooby Doo would still be popular long after the park opened.





I took this picture of a sign to the right of the last picture because it made me laugh. You can't see it, but right underneath where it tells you the times and everything, it says, "No shows today." Doh! Those poor kids!



Next time:

Home stretch!

No comments: