Monday, November 17, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (11/17/08)

I like the Pixar formula, so I'm picking the DVD of Wall-E as the Pick of the Week even though I haven't seen it yet. Looks cute enough.

I've never heard of this guy, but I've heard about the Achmed sketch, so I guess I should watch the youtube video sometime.

Again, the franchise that wants us to believe that humanity will be super-awesome after the food synthesizer is created wants some more money from you. This time for season 3 of the original series.

False advertising!

I usually don't link to these kind of movies, but take a look at that cover!

I was going to make fun of how this reminds me of a recent 3d animated movie, but what the hell are those background characters?



In theaters we have Bolt, the latest from Disney. Note that I didn't say Pixar. That's how you miss being the Pick of the Week despite being new.

Also in theaters is that movie that has been hyped recently. I don't know anything about Twilight other than that it has vampires (so it's not scary at all) and the chick looks like the actress from the Harry Potter movies. Hermione Vs Vampires would make a descent spin-off if they used old fashion vampires.


On the Wii we have the fourth episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People. This one is about Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective, which is something the website promised for 2003 once. Should be a good one. I got to play episode's two and three now.

Also on the Wii is Castlevania! (Good meh!) And it's a fighting game. (Bad meh.) Don't worry folks, third party companies will figure out the system someday.

Speaking of third party companies apathy/cluelessness, just because the Wii is the least powerful system of the big three, doesn't mean you treat it like the Commodore 64! This better be the greatest Foosball game ever.

I almost missed this, which shows how far Sonic has fallen. Sonic Unleashed is no doubt the latest attempt by Sega to "go back to the series roots" and not embarrass the fans. Also, Sonic turns into a werehog for some reason. DeviantArt is going to get a lot of traffic soon.

No comments: