Friday, November 21, 2008

Parodius Level 6

Wow! It's been a month or two, hasn't it? Let's hope I'm not too rusty!

At least I'm starting out in good shape. I've got a nice gun and I'm dropping lots of whales and I even have a bubble shield.

This level has a pinball theme. It's also damn difficult. It's especially hard to take screenshots with everything that's going on, but I'll try.

This picture was taken shortly after I 1, got the Engrish Megaphone of Awesome; and 2, picked up a blue powerup that cleared the enemies. That's why the screen looks so clear. Trust me, it got maddeningly full seconds later. Too full to screenshot, so that's why you get this boring pic.

See how naked and alone I look here? Yeah... I accidentally savestated myself while dying. I think a big effect of my not playing so long is I'm not as good at hitting the correct save/load keys as I used to be. I had to restart the level with no powerups. I was sad.

This part of the level looks innocent...

...But it isn't. All through this level these blue lights spawn and fly at you. They can be really hard to avoid, especially with so many on the screen at once.

I hate them.

This part was really rough, but a couple of blue Clear the Screen candies helped.

...not really much to say about the theme. It's just pinball. The drawings on the back wall are cute, I guess.


Guess who saved right here? Moments away from what appears to be the end of the level?

Oh well, I guess I'll just start again from the beginning of the lev--

asdfhaotyhahdkahghgf!!!!

Well, I just have to hit start to continue, so I guess I'll just hit start instead of--

Oh shit.


Well, here I am at the game over screen! I got first place, anyway, and I guess that's good...

Oh, who am I kidding? I suck at shooters!

This series will continue when I've worked my way back up to Level 6. Maybe by then I'll have remembered the difference between Save State and Load State. Not to mention, Select and Start. See you then!

1 comment:

Tork said...

Please start over and finish the game. Your posts are great, even if I'm too big a jerk to complement you on them.

I would love to see more of your work and if I was rich you would be employed in a heartbeat.