Monday, November 3, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (11/3/08)


My Pick of the Week is Bender's Game, which I almost bought in a KMart in Delaware but the machine wouldn't let me. It wasn't my fault they put it on the shelf early.


Yay, more cashing in on the trilogies that already made millions of dollars.

Now you can buy the Complete Batman: The Animated Series. The later WB years weren't good, but this show was otherwise terrific.

Here's some Popeye cartoon from the early World War 2 years. Some of these cartoons have Japanese stereotypes.

I still believe that the Music City Miracle was a blown call. Also, if one of your three all-time great games was against the Texans, what does that say about your franchise?



In theaters we have Soul Men. I admire the movie studio for not immediately releasing this movie the moment after Bernie Mac died, even if it wasn't complete at the time. Shows restraint.

On home consoles we have the latest Bond game for the Wii, Quantum of Solace. I don't think we'll ever see another Goldeneye but that doesn't keep me from crossing my fingers.


On the DS we have Dragon Ball Origins. I can still remember when anime seemed fresh and non-creepy when I watched the show this is based on.

No comments: