Monday, November 10, 2008

The War Against the War Against the War Against Christmas update

I don't have anything against Bill O'Reilly, not that I watch his show. But his War Against the War Against Christmas is a bad idea.

Not that there isn't a War Against Christmas, but the real villains are the people who keep pushing Christmas earlier and earlier. I love Christmas time, but even I think this is ridiculous. Christmas should start on December 1st, not the weekend after the election. I swear, it's a conspiracy to make people sick of a national holiday.

They already hung up Christmas lights in the Annapolis Mall. I repeat, we just had a friggen national election! They're not even waiting for Thanksgiving anymore. I just don't get it.

We already have Hallmark stores and year long Christmas stores. Isn't that enough to tide us over until December?

I'm keeping an eye on the local adult contemporary station to see how long it takes before it goes into all Christmas song mode.

No comments: