Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day One Download Purchase

I was getting a little worried about the Wii. Besides the three big franchise games being released this month, not much was on the horizon. Third party support is still lacking, and no one seems to be willing to attempt a 1-1 motion game. So the Wii Ware thing seemed to be a bad idea. I mean, you can't attract enough developers to your system, so you give them the option to make smaller games? (Let's not get into the issue of memory space on the Wii. Give us a fricken harddrive already.)

Still, while this doesn't erase the doubt I have, I'm going to download it the day it comes out. I'm a Homestar Runner fan, and I love their nostalgic games, even if most of them are very short plays. This one seems to be an episodic adventure game. The cartoon shows a first person perspective that allows you to walk around Strong Bad's house. Can't wait!

Even if the Wii Ware thing turns out to be a bad decision, it'll be worth it for this game.

No comments: