Thursday, April 24, 2008

EAT DIRT, EVERYONE IN THE VICINITY!

AH HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


In case you think I've gone insane, I'm actually referencing one of my favorite cartoon series that hasn't been released to DVD yet. Earthworm Jim was a WB cartoon that was based on a couple games that got popular towards the end of the SNES/Genesis era. I wasn't too into the games but I loved the cartoon.

After two popular 16-bit games, Jim had a Nintendo 64 game. It was considered terrible, and that ended his brief career outside a Color GameBoy game or two. I thought he was going to have a PSP game but I'm not sure. Anyway, recently there's been an announcement that not only is Earthworm Jim going to make a comeback, but it's going to be big. Besides whatever system he's showing up on, and some Virtual Console game, he's going to have a new cartoon series and a movie(!).

I'm excited about the new cartoon. Not because I think it's going to be good. It probably won't, unless they bring back the old cast and just make it a continuation. What I'm excited about is the fact that they've got to release the complete series on DVD sometime soon. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Here's hoping that it's sometime soon. That show was hilarious. Much better than The Tick or Freakazoid! Yeah, I went there.



As for the games, I might download Earthworm Jim 2. I had the Game Gear version of the first game. Here's hoping that Earthworm Jim 4 comes to a Nintendo system, because when I saw the PSP screens it was the first time I wanted a PSP.

No comments: