Saturday, April 19, 2008

When good series go bad...

....then go good again, then go mediocre, possibly ready to go bad again.



The eighth Mortal Kombat game has been announced. It's a crossover. Street Fighter 2 had Capcom vs Marvel, so now we have Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics. I may have to get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 after all.

The weird part is that Ed Boon is supposedly acting like this game will follow Armageddon. I can't see this game being a part of MK canon. It's just too ...weird. "The MK warriors almost caused the end of all realms. Now it's time to fight the DC Comic superheroes!"

I guess the big question is whether or not it maintains the blood of a MK game. If it does, the DC superheroes seem out of place. (Although I would love to see a fatality involving Superman. I bet there's plenty of green kryptonite lying around.) If it doesn't, then the Mortal Kombat characters seem out of place, and fans may be even less compelled to pick it up.

I'll say one thing. It's certainly gotten my attention. Maybe that was the goal.

No comments: