Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dear the color Green,

You use to be my favorite color. Oh, sure, you didn't have the best reputation in the world. "Green with envy" is a common phrase. Green is also associated with greed thanks to the dollar. Despite that, I still liked the color.

Unfortunately, Green, I'm afraid we're going to have to go through a separation. No, it's not about you. It's me. You see, lately you seem to hang around with a crowd that's a little too ... well, I don't want to be vulgar. Let's just say that this crowd rhymes with "cat witty inane." I know that maybe I should just work out my differences with this crowd, but I can't. When I listen to this crowd, all I can see is red, in more ways then one.

This crowd worries me. It's a very large crowd, and it doesn't seem very rational to me. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm the fool, but I wish this crowd would calm down, take a deep breath, and have a real discussion. Besides, if these people get their way, I won't be able to see you as often as I used to. Sure, I can see green anywhere, but I have to travel to see lots of it, and this crowd doesn't like individual travel. Unless you're a big member of that crowd, of course.

I don't understand you, green. You used to be universal, but now you're just expected to be the symbol of movements and quasi-religious emblems. I can no longer look at you the way I used to. Today I've gone to major websites and I've seen you, and I can only feel disgust.

And by the way, I've seen companies mention a "Green Awareness" campaign. WHY? No one knew about you before? Do you have self-esteem issues? I used to like you as much as anybody, but I never felt the need to worship you. You're a color. You're nothing but wavelengths bouncing off stuff. There are plenty of other nice colors out there. I'm partial to orange, as offbeat as it is. There's really no need to make you the color among colors.

So that's it for now green. Sure, we'll still see each other, but I'll just rudely ignore you as I pass by. Again, I may be the fool, but I think breaking up is the best option for us.

Hope for the best,

Tork_110

No comments: