Thursday, April 2, 2009

King's Dominion 2008 Part 1

Two year ago a couple days after I went to King's Dominion for the first time in years, I started a post describing my various pictures taken that day. That was a fun way to fill space for a couple months even if it was only about 15 posts. Well last year about this time I went to King's Dominion again. I've been wanting to do what I did last year for months, and now I'm doing it. I hope.

Keep in mind that this means that my memory is about a year off. Also keep in mind that I won't show every picture, meaning I won't make those dumb jokes about ruined takes. After these posts I hope to move on to the trip I took last Summer, which wasn't to King's Dominion.

Let's go for it!





I can't remember what happened early in the day. I think it was just my sister, her fiance, one of my sister's friends, and her boyfriend. So it was just five of us that day. I think I may have been tired that morning because I didn't know I was going until the day before. So we only took one car.

Here's a wobbly photo taken in the parking lot. I guess I'm still showing too many photos. Oh well.

Actually, this clearly isn't in the parking lot. Oh boy, this is going to be a long post.






Just wanted to show you that it wasn't as hot as the last time we went. These pictures were taken in May, I believe, while the last trip was in early September just before the park closes.






This is a photo from the parking lot. I'm positive.






Another long wait in front of the park. This is agonizing! Why aren't the ticket lines moving!?





I can't get enough of King's Dominion's Eiffel Tower. As we'll see later.





This picture is useless. I think I took it while holding the camera to my side to see what happens if I take a button without looking.





Finally! I'm so glad to be in the park I'd hug Spongebob in the back there. But I didn't. So there.





Don't forget the group photo!





First thing's first, we walk to the lockers to drop off our stuff. These lockers are near the water rides, the same lockers we used last year. And by last year, I mean 2007. (See what happens when you procrastinate?) To reach there we have to go through the kids rides.





Wow, this guy has my posture. But I was wearing a white Nintendo shirt that day. It looks like the kind of shirt I would wear, though.





I fight the boredom of standing in a line by taking a picture of something even more boring. Take that!





I love theme parks, but they seem to be designed to drive you crazy at times. All these freaken lines.





Ack! Don't look at the camera, little girl.

Actually, if I had photoshop I'd add a tear running down her cheek as she waits for this part of the park to open.





Oh sure, wait till the last minute to test your rides. That's safe!

Finally we're allowed past this part.





Fear the turtle! I think I was walking while holding the camera at my hip while I took this picture. It shows.




Next time on King's Dominion Trip 2008!

Will we reach our lockers?
Will we get on a ride?
What ride did we go on first? Really, I want to know. I'm winging it here.

No comments: