Friday, April 17, 2009

I may have finally learned to appreciate John Madden.

John Madden is going to finally stop wasting the air waves with his bloated praise for all things Cowboys after this season. That would be good, except he may be replaced by smug know-it-all Chris Collinsworth. I've hated him since the Cowboys-Skins game where the Redskins got killed and Collinsworth laughed gleefully after Patrick Ramsey tossed a desperation pass that was intercepted.

Yeah, the Redskins sucked during the Spurrier era, but can't commentators be neutral? I expect local radio commentators to root for a team, but I can't stand it when national commentators do. The same went for Dennis Miller, who ticked me off when he shouted "How bout them Cowboys!?" after the Skins fumbled a MNF game away.


I swear, I spend most of my time hating the commentators than actually enjoying the games. Besides the fact that the Skins (and all local Washington teams) suck, that's probably the reason why I've been losing interest in sports over the past several years.