Friday, April 3, 2009

King's Dominion 2008: Part 3

So basically it's still very early in the day. We already went on a few roller coasters. We were still hanging out in the Congo section.







Our next ride was the Flight of Fear, an indoor roller coaster with a Area 51 theme. I took several pictures of it the previous year. The entire ride is dark, so this photo was the best I could get in line. If I had any good pictures it would have been of alien pods.

I have to admit that even though I just went on the Anaconda, I was nervous about this ride because it got a 5 out of 5 "thrill" rating or whatever. I joked to my sister that I may die during the ride. Before we got on the ride we watched as the ride violently launched a few groups ahead of us. When the crowds kept screaming, I wonder aloud, "What did they expect?" Seriously, why do you roller coaster fans yell so much?

I'm a roller coaster wimp, so it did help that the ride put you tight in a seat where you could hold on. A more loose ride probably would have made the ride scarier. As it was, it was a fun ride, but the best part was when my sister's future husband yelled out "Wakka wakka wakka!" during the ride. I can't do justice to how funny that moment was. My sister and I laughed so hard and we started yelling wakka ourselves. It became an in-joke for the rest of the day.





My sister then wanted to go on the former Tomb Raider ride now known as The Crypt. This ride spins you vertically while flames shoot out from underneath you. The rest of us avoided the ride, but I got my sister to promise that she would say "wakka" in the middle of the ride.

























When she was seated she saw us and gave us a double rocker gesture. I replied with a hand cupping my ear, hoping she would yell wakka so loud that we could hear her. Sadly, afterwards she told us that she forgot.

After that, we decided to go to the White Water Canyon, the best ride ever. Tragically, it was closed that day. Boy was I annoyed. So instead four of us went on the log flume ride.











I got a keychain of myself on this ride the previous year, and I think we got a keychain of this time around.


I'm going to end this post here. In my next post we'll continue as my group went to a few more rides quoting the Muppets.

No comments: