Thursday, April 2, 2009

King's Dominion 2008 Part 2

Ok in the last post I talked about the early part of the trip before we reached our lockers to drop off our stuff.

This was the second time I went to the park in two years, so the park didn't hold me in awe like my 2007 trip. I went straight to the rides.





I would like to mention that I'm perfectly willing to sell out. You hear that, Subway?





I've never had funnel cakes, but I see them popping up in theme parks. I should try them but they seem more fattening than the usual stuff I eat.

It's pretty weird when you see people walk around with those fried up things.





I can't remember which day we went, but I can tell you which day of the week it was. It was another Sunday, meaning all Chick-Fil-As were closed again. I love that place. I give it five out of five heart attacks.

To the right you can see a helicopter prop. It's part of a ride that will appear later.





Here's the changing places next to the lockers. I didn't go to the water rides either time so I don't know what's in these places. Hopefully personal stalls. I'd run away if it was like a high school locker room.





Once again I didn't go on the cool funnel ride. Maybe next time I won't be so shy about putting on a bathing suit.





Yes, this is the kind of picture I take. And the key had the number so I didn't need to take a picture to remember it was 153 that day.





And here's the first ride I went on. I decided to stay with the group this time and we all went to the bumper cars. Remember, if you don't wear your safety strap, Muttley will laugh at you.





Here we walk to the next ride, so I don't have much time to take a photo. Here we see some carnival games in front of us and to the right. I think the building to the left is a kids' ride.





Here's another one. You try to get as many three pointers as you can in a minute. And everybody gets to watch you! I avoided this, and I didn't play any carnival games that day. I honestly don't care for the NBA so I didn't need a jersey.





Here we reach the Congo era with it's adventure theme.





Here's the first ride we went on here. This ride was originally suppose to promote the movie The Italian Job but it's now known as The Stunt Coaster. I usually avoid roller coasters but this one seemed ok for a wimp like me.

The roller coaster carts look like fancy cars. Halfway through the ride you reach a part where you stop and sit in the middle of a blockbuster scene. A helicopter hovers as (sound effects of) bullets fly and drums catch on fire. The end of the ride has you "burst" through a billboard. It's an ok ride.

For some reason my sister's fiance yelled "Wakka wakka wakka" at some poin during the ride.





We went to the Avalanche ride after that. After that revisit, the group decided to go to the Anaconda, a huge roller coaster that includes loop-de-loops and an underground part. That's where the weirdest thing happened. I decided to go with the group. Here's a look at the artificial lake that the Anaconda sits in.





Yep, I decided to go on this roller coaster despite being a big wimp. My sister's then fiance (they're married now) had a big case so I kept handing him my glasses for these early rides.





It's a good ride, although I'm kicking myself for avoiding rides like it in the past. Sitting on a roller coaster is nowhere near as scary as watching one twist around. Heck, the parts where you go upside down is the best part and probably better than those roller coasters that just go up and down and upset your stomach.





We end this post anti-climatically. I decided against buying a picture of us on the Anaconda.


Next time:
Even more roller coasters?
Even more Congo?
Even more funnel cakes? No.

No comments: