Monday, April 13, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (4/13/09)




My Pick of the Week is a game you can purchase even though there's an entire website just like it for free. The game is Mixed Messages, and it seems to play the same as Broken Telephone Picture. This is a DSiWare game.



Also out this week on DVD is The Spirit. Has there been a good movie that's been released during Christmas? It seems to be a time for awful movies. I'll always remember that they released that Pinocchio film around the season after Life Is Beautiful was huge.

More proof that they'll release any semi-successful show to dvd, it's Wings Season whatever and the COMPLETE series. Ah, who cares?

I like Leslie Neilsen and his spoof movies but I'm not sure that's enough to get me to see this spoof of The Exorcist. I mean, just think of the scenes they'll parody. Also, I don't have any memory of this movie even though it was released during the time of the Naked Gun trilogy.

Is it me, or does Whoopi Goldberg strike you as a person who got famous by stealth? I know I'm ignoring The Color Purple, but I can't remember her becoming famous. She just always was.

I actually saw a couple episodes of Malcolm and Eddie. Now I can't even remember if it was on UPN or The WB. (Although it seems to logically fit on UPN. The WB: Black people? ON MY NETWORK? )


Out on the Virtual Console this week is Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure. This was an Earthworm Jim clone that seemed to be the right step for this series becoming respectible after the horrible Super Pitfall. I wouldn't know, though. 800 Wii poins.

On the Wii itself is an anthology of Samurai Showdown games. I can't imagine getting a game like this because fighting games are similar and take a while to master. I guess that's just me.

For WiiWare we have Party Fun Pirate. Really, the WIi needs less party games, but this one might not be a mini-game-a-thon.

No comments: