Saturday, April 4, 2009

King's Dominion 2008 Part 4

After the log flume ride my brother-in-law wanted to go to the go-karts. We went by the King's Dominion Theater which was also closed for the day. So no show for me later. The ride had a line so first we went to a nearby arcade. Nobody played anything inside, but outside we played a round of air hockey.





I lost, but I made things interesting towards the end. Unfortunately after I lost I tried to slide my piece back towards the center and instead it went right to the end of the table and jumped right into my brother-in-law's gut. It wasn't intentionally but it was certainly a dumb thing to do.

Despite that we were the only two who got on the go-karts. I'm not including too many pictures for our privacy.




Here's a couple pictures that don't show any of us. My sister took these.

There were only four go-karts. A dad rode with his son, and I forget the other person. For the first few laps I kept pace with my brother-in-law. At one poin I did something really stupid. By that poin we had already ran the "wakka wakka wakka" joke into the ground, so when he tried to pass me on the right I turned to him and yelled "WAKKA!", as if it was some sort of battle cry. Unfortunately I almost ran him into the wall, and we weren't suppose to hit each other or anything. Soon he passed me because he weighed much less and I never had a chance of catching up.

It was about 11am so we decided to get something to eat. We went to a nearby restaurant named the Country Kitchen. (Note: I may be wrong on this. But I'm looking at the map and this sounds like the right one.) This restaurant had park benches for seating. I got chicken fingers, fries, and coleslaw. I can't remember what everybody else got. I don't have any photos of the place but I may have kept the receipt.

When we finished the group wanted to go on more roller coasters. I went with them but declined to go on the Shockwave. However, because I wanted to go on the nearby Triple Spin, I gave my glasses to the group. I still like that ride, but afterwards I had to wait for the group to finish their ride. I'm very nearsighted, so I was kind of lost until they came back. I phoned them several times while they were still in line waiting to get on the roller coaster.












Our next destination was the Water Works area again. At this poin the group finally broke up. My sister and brother-in-law wanted to go on the water rides. The other two went somewhere, I don't know. I walked around this part again still looking for the mythical water slide from my youth. Maybe one day I'll find it.

I just wandered around the park at this poin. I can't tell you everything I did because I didn't take enough pictures to remind myself. At some poin I ended up at the entrance of the park and saw this.











I saw this band before and this time I was able to get a few picture of them. They played jazzy music like "When The Saints Go Marching In." I don't recall seeing a band like this any other time I went to the park.





I was near the Eiffel Tower so I decided to go up.








I took several pictures up on top like last time but I'll spare you from them. When I was up there I decided to call Lita and chat with her. It was Sunday so I was afraid she might be busy but I got to talk with her for a few minutes. It was a little difficult thanks to the wind and the fact that I tend to lower my voice whenever I think someone can hear my conversation, but it was still fun to do just for the sake of it. I can only wonder what other people thought as they heard me repeat myself or ask Lita to repeat herself.





Back on the ground I saw something else that I hadn't seen last year. Happy peppy performers singing happy songs. I watched a little bit but not long.


After that I headed towards the Old Virginia area again. That's where we'll leave off for now.

No comments: