Monday, April 6, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (4/6/09)




Another year, another Nintendo portable. And I'm making it my Pick of the Week, even if it's just a Nintendo DS Lite with a couple cameras in it and some iPhone Application download service. Sadly they still won't let you use PictoChat with anyone 50 feet away from you.


Also out this week in theaters is a live-action Dragon Ball movie. I...I don't know. Part of me wants to laugh at fanboys who will inevitably knock this movie for not being accurate but it's Dragon Balls. If they wanted accurate they'd want 60 minutes of people yelling at each other before charging up for a half minute, incomprehensible fight.

Also in theaters is The Pope's Toilet, about a guy who installs a toilet so he can charge people attending a papal visit.


Out on DVD this week is America's next Curly, Jim Carrey and his latest movie Yes Man. 2000s Jim Carrey is such a shell of 90s Jim Carrey.

Why watch the original The Day the Earth Stood Still when you can watch the Keanu Reeves remake! Come on, be excited.

R rated movies of the early 30s
, apparently.

Mickey and the Beanstalk has been released before on DVD, so I don't get the poin of this. However, this DVD would be worth it if it included the light riffing by Charlie McCarthy. I've seen three different versions of that short.

Even Elmo nauseates Elmo.


Finally on the Wii is Escape the Museum, a pick and click game. That's about it as far as I can tell.

No comments: