Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rimmi's Cartoon Challenge #6

Today's cartoon is Kissyfur, a title that fills me with dread. I haven't seen it.



The intro gets to a scary start as circus music plays and two bears with clown make-up on a unicycle get too close to the camera. I never understood the fear of clowns thing but more of this would explain it to me.

Anyway, the circus goes on a train. Before it becomes a Dumbo rip off, the train IMMEDIATELY goes off a broken track. The two bears, now wearing civilian clothing I guess, are thrown clear and end up in a vortex in a lake. This leads them to the shows setting which is in some woods that also has a swamp. The bears get in a Flintstones jet boat while some alligators, probably the shows' villains, watch hungrily.







We see several other characters. There's Flopsy the Bunny. Warty the Hog. Piggity the Pig. Old Man Shelly the Turtle. And Cindy the Bear. Oh wait, the last name is already taken. They all have a jamboree while the alligators watch. Except Warty, the Grumpy Bear of the group.


If I had to guess when this was made, it would have to be the eighties. It must have been made around the time Care Bears was made, because it seems to be a show about friendship and togetherness and other boring things like that. I watched Care Bears, so I didn't need to watch the knock-off.


Wiki doesn't say a lot, but it says that the show was suppose to be a take-off of the south. The characters all have cajun accents, or something. I can see the alligators with accents like that, but the rest of the characters? NotCindy the Bear does seem like a candidate for a southern belle accent.



The amazing thing is the fact that this show ran for 46 episodes. Seriously. I didn't like the school cartoons, but those at least had room for more than 13 episodes (unless the writers were complete morons, of course.) How could they have come up with forty-six separate fifteen minute stories?

1 comment:

Rimmi said...

I used to watch this show. I was at the right age to enjoy it, too. Plus I had a new baby cousin named Christopher so we all started watching Kissyfur and calling him Kissyfur.

Keep up the good work!