Monday, September 22, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (9/22/08)


My Pick of the Week is Mega Man 9 for the Virtual Console. I've been waiting for his game for over a decade. I can't wait to shoot Splash Woman. This game is probably 1000 Wii Poins.

Instead of waiting for CBS to show the usual Peanuts specials, just buy the set and watch them whenever you want. By the way, the rumor that It's The Great Pumpkin... was originally a slasher? Not true.

I only poin out Friday the 13th The Series because it has nothing to do with Jason, but it was still made after fifty of those movies were already made.

Man, even Saturday morning cartoons have gotten political.

This video celebrates a stadium that will be torn down for a newer expensive one that will cost taxpayers a lot of money.

Game shows plus bloopers? Sign me up!

On the Wii we have Lego Batman, which would have been my pick during most other weeks. What's the over/under of reviews that say something like "Why so blocky?"?

Also out on the Wii is Wario Land: Shake It! Hopefully this game isn't as short as the Game Cube game that I never got. I think it's 2d.

Samba De Amigo is some maracas shaking game that was originally on the Dreamcast. Weird how it has a perfect set up for the Wii controllers.

I liked the GameCube Pitfall game, but this Wii version looks way too much like it. Let's hope it's a new game and not a repackage.

Finally on the DS is some Kirby game. I'd be more specific, but I haven't paid attention to Kirby for a while. It's hard to tell the regular Kirby games from the side ones.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tork, I'd put Mega Man 9 as my pick of the week as well. Have you played it yet? It certainly does not disappoint.

By the way, do you have a PS3 and Xbox 360 to go along with your Wii? If you don't, I suggest you take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win the system of your choice simply by designing a 6 Hour Power t-shirt. Right now there are less than 350 entrants, and it's surprisingly easy to enter online. There are also weekly prizes to win such as the upcoming Codemasters RPG Rise of the Argonauts and 6 Hour Power energy shots (which are great for gaming sessions). Check out the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, Tork. I work with 6 Hour Power so if you have any questions about the contest or the 6HP drink itself just let me know. If you enter, be sure to tell me and I'll vote for your design. If you would like to help spread the word about the contest, shoot me an e-mail and I'd be happy to send info and materials your way for a post. I hope to hear back from you soon. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Tork said...

Yeah, I downloaded it last night. It's as tough as I've heard.

I don't have a PS3 or Xbox 360 and I wasn't planning to get one in the near future. I'm getting old so I'm only focusing on one new system right now.

I don't mind people commenting on my blog. I probably won't enter the contest but thanks for offering.

Unknown said...

No problem, Tork. There are probably some readers on your site that don't have either though that would like to have one... would you mind making a post about the contest?

If you're interested, just let me know and I can send you some pics and contest details to use for a post. We would certainly appreciate it.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com