Monday, September 29, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (9/30/08)


Today's Pick of the Week is a book. Yes, a book. You know how some guys have GIRLFRIENDS? Well I READ BOOKS. Occasionally. This is the paperback edition of Making Money, the latest Discworld book by Terry Pratchett. It stars Moist Von Lipwig who is now printing money for the government.


Also out this week on DVD is The Deadly Bees. This was made in the sixties before the killer bee scare, I think. It's a british movie about a pop singer who is sent to an island on vacation and is faced with...the dogs' meat! Also bees. This was shown on a great episode of MST3k.

I missed Iron Man in theaters, so now I get to watch it on DVD. Hope it's good, because it was one of the more popular blockbusters this summer.

For what it's worth, here's a couple of DVDs about the Olympics. I hope one of the future DVDs show the highlights of that match where the one kickboxer kicked the referee.

Phase IV was a movie about ants shown on MST3k during it's KTMA era. There's a clip from it on the MST3k Scrapbook video.

I hope one of the steps is to not panic. If Resident Evil has taught me anything it's that you have to eventually fight vaginal dentata monsters during zombie holocausts.


In theaters is the film Beverly Hill Chihuahua. Whoever is in charge of Disney? Shame on you.


You know what the world needs? Another Sonic game. This one is an rpg for the DS.

Here's the latest Harvest Moon game for the Wii. I've completely lost track of how many of these games there are.

No comments: