Sunday, September 28, 2008

Parodius Level 5

It's been a while, but I'm back with more Parodius!

Again we spend our time between levels floating through the void of space, dropping whales and shooting enemies. These enemies are different than the random winged creatures and hypodermic needles of past levels, though. These are flying winged Moai heads! You know, the Easter Island dudes?

This introduces this level's theme.

Instead of a traditional level, this time we fight a giant Moai-themed ship! I'm giant, too. You might have noticed that bell in the previous pic. I caught it on green and a green bell is pretty much a Win Game button. It makes you all huge and even though you can't shoot, anything you run into you kill. It's not the most entertaining bell effect in the game, but it's the most useful.

The ship, as you can see, is called Captain Kebab. He shoots rings and bullets out of his nose and mouth, but if you avoid them long enough he'll start to float down and let you fly over the top of him. Usually there are more Moai heads planted on Kebab's back to shoot at you, but I killed them with my huge penguin powers.

Get far enough and you hit this big gold Moai head that, believe it or not, shoots at you. I think it's possible to kill him, though I didn't manage it this time. If you can, it takes a lot of shots.

Right when you think you're nearly done, though, Captain Kebab backs up!

Now you're back at the front and this time the Captain wants to fly over your head!

I like this picture of Kebab, by the way. Look at that smooth bastard right there.

I managed to kill some of the baddies on the underneath of the ship waaaay while I was still embiggened, but these two were unreachable. They're hard to reach now, too, because they're in their little nook there. It would be a bad idea to let them live, though. Kill them!

This is why. Captain Kebab takes it into his head to smoosh you. He sinks down lower than this screenshot shows and the only place you can be is in the tiny little niche where those two green Moai were before you blew them up.

Eventually he lets up and you can move on some more. You can shoot this dude in the back of the head for a while, but it won't do you any good.

Eventually Captain Kebab gives up and you're free to move on!

This looks like one of those space areas between levels, but don't be fooled.

Here comes the level boss and I got my megaphone just in time!

I WILL SUE THIS ESTABRISHMENT.

Very ladylike. That's... not suggestive at all.

So this boss shoots these gigantic Moai statues at you. You can't kill them; you just have to dodge. When you get a chance, shoot the lady Moai in the eye.

It doesn't take too long, but those Moai men can be tough to doge. I almost stavestated myself into oblivion during this boss fight and that would have been really sad. I like my powerups!


Beat her, though, and you get to see the rest of the Moai planet. That's the end of this level. See you next time!

2 comments:

Rimmi said...

I love these posts! I'm glad you're still doing them! Do more!

Tork said...

For the record, I wasn't trying to steal Lita's thunder with my stupid post. I didn't know this was here until today.