Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 0: Chapter 3

Welcome back!

Only her second day of life and already Sally has bills to pay. That really burns me. They're not very high, but it's the principal of the thing.


Fortunately Sally has a job and she's heading out right now.

I know that the shadows on her face are a bit choppy and scary. I could turn the detail up on shadows and they would look quite nice, but then the game would slow down too much.


While Sally was gone I fought my boredom by spray painting pink flowers all over her lawn.



Sally works late, so by the time she gets home, it's dark. Hey! Interesting thing about traits, certain ones give you special options for life. Daredevils, for example, always want to be EXTREEEEEME!!!!


A couple of days pass uneventfully. Sally doesn't have much time to do anything but eat, sleep and work. I hope that when she gets a promotion her hours will be a little more reasonable.

When Sally's day off finally rolls around I have her call Jebidiah and invite him over so Sally can work on some romancing. Unfortunately, now that Sally has time off JEB has to work. He tells her to call back in seven hours. Fine.

Sally starts passing the time by eating some salad. I was hoping to get a shot of her cramming it into her face like a goon, but she is ladylike and eats very politely.


That didn't take up much time so I buy Sally a mirror and tell her to practice her charisma. By the time she gets a charisma point I've lost track of how long we've waited so I tell her to give Jebidiah another call.


That's cute. She doesn't seem to want me to watch her private phonecall to the guy she has a crush on, so she runs and hides behind the little-seen back of the house.


Ha! Found you anyway! What's Jeb say?

"He wants me to wait another hour..."

Ugh.

I make Sally pass the time by cooking some food for her and Jebidiah to eat.


Night falls and I get the feeling that it might be a good idea to invest in some lighting.


There! That's almost makes a difference!


Cooking takes forever in this game, so by the time she's done Jeb's hour is up. I tell her to call again.

I was a little worried that after all this time Jebidiah would say no, but he forgot that this is the same chick who's been stalking him all day and agreed to come over! Yay! Sally! Get outside to greet him!


Sally really hoofs it out to the front yard to wait.


It doesn't take too long. There he is! He's here to meet his (soon to be) one true love! And he's wearing his doctor outfit!


What is this tepid handshake? Ugh.

Sally, I heard the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Invite Jebidiah inside to eat some of your cooking.


*crickets chirp*

You know you two are allowed to talk while you eat, right?


What, Sally, what? Quit looking at me. Jeb is the one you're supposed to be talking to. Get to know the man!


*psst!* Sally! Ixnay on the azyeyescray!


Once dinner is over I persuade Sally to grudgingly tell Jebidiah that he is hot. Then something wonderful happens.


Oh hey!! Sally, you really need to marry this guy! We might be able to finally put some walls up on this slab and maybe even put up some lights and then there will be a chance of taking a decent picture after 6:00pm!

For her part, Sally is starting to see Jeb's finer points as well. I tell her to ask one more very important question:


Hooray!!!! I can bust up a marriage if I have to, but it just wouldn't feel right. This however, this feels right.

"Heh heh... I can tell he's rich because I can feel a big roll of quarters in his pocket."

*cough* Sally. Really.

"I really shouldn't have brought that roll of quarters. It's really digging into my hip. I don't know why I thought there would be a parking meter outside."

Oh. Right. Carry on.


It's getting late and I don't want Jeb to leave right at this key point in their relationship, so I tell Sally to ask him to spend the night. Jebidiah agrees and promptly walks out to the front lawn for no obvious reason.


Deep breath, Sally! It's time to take some big steps to secure the future of the Bumblefudge family.

(Little side note, another great thing about skilling in this game is that charisma has been reworked a great deal. Sims gain a LOT of charisma just by talking and making friends, and gaining more charisma gives them new social interactions to do. It's nice and makes the skill more obviously useful in this game than it has been in the past. Pay attention in the next two pics as Sally's charisma skill bar fills up, giving her another charisma point, bringing her up to three charisma. That's two whole points that she's gained since Jeb showed up on her lot!)

"Jebidiah... I really like you. Would you.... go steady with me???"

"Ok."



D'aawwwww! Aren't they adorable? We'll leave them here for now (because something came up and I had to turn off the game), but come back next time and see where Sally and Jebidiah go from here!

Take care.

1 comment:

Tork said...

I honestly thought she was going to ask him do something else.