Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's Sims Legacy Time!

Hey! I got me Sims 3 a while ago and I've been fiddling around with it some and then I thought, "You know what? I think I want to start a Legacy."

And of course you can't have a Legacy family without posting it online for random people to look at, can you? I guess you can. But I'm not going to.

Let's get started. If I'm going to have a Legacy, I'd better create a founding Sim. This is the random Sim the game rolled up for me:

(click any of these pictures for bigger versions)

Yeah, I didn't cut the garbage off the bottom of my screen. I'm too lazy to do it now. Anyway, here she is. I actually like her. She looks pretty good for a randomly generated Sim. I do have to edit her a bit, though--not because there's anything wrong with her, but because I wouldn't feel like I was giving the game too much power if I didn't change something.


I like it! I kept her face mostly the same because I really liked the one she came with, but there are some other changes. I named her, too, but silly me. I forgot what I named her. I think it was Sally or something like that.


New to Sims 3 is a trait system instead of personality points. With Create-A-Sims like Sally(?) here I get to pick all five of her personality traits, but with Sims born into Sims 3 the game may randomly choose some or all of the traits, depending on how good a job you do of raising them. This is cool with me. Adds a little danger.


As you can see, I decided to make Sally a brave, ambitious, daredevil, charismatic cook. Ambition and cooking should make good traits for a founding Sim, since she'll need lots of money to get the legacy on its feet, and she'll need to be able to feed herself. Charisma is a handy trait to have for friend making. Bravery and daredevilism are in there just because.

Every adult Sim also gets to chose from five Lifetime wants. The Lifetime want is one they strive for for the rest of their lives. I didn't like any of the wants the game gave me, so I just went with the chef one. It's kind of meh, but we don't want to do all the cool stuff right in the first generation, anyway.

We also get to pick Sally's favorite stuff. The game assigned her favorite food to be steak (bleh), her favorite music to be Indie (whatevs), and her favorite color to be orange (seriously? Who likes orange?). Yeah, I could have changed them, and it's true that none of these are things I'd choose for myself, but I don't really care so I told the game to go right ahead.

The game also lets you choose a voice. Sally's original voice was really deep and kind of mannish, so I raised the pitch a little so now her voice is higher and kind of scratchy. I like it.



So here we are! Sally Bumblefudge, founder of the soon to be great Bumblefudge Legacy, and mother to us all! (Oh yeah, did I mention I'm naming the Legacy heirs after Tork and me and all our friends? I am. We'll see how that turns out.)

Gotta pick a lot for Sally to live on, now, and what better lot to place a woman with 16,000 Simoleons and nothing else than the most expensive completely empty lot I can find? Hey, it's gotta last for 10 generations, right?



So here's our Mom to be! Sally Bumblefudge stands alone, with nothing to her name but 8,800 Simoleons, her huge tracts of land, a mailbox, and a trashcan. Will her story be a success? I hope so. Come back next time, when I will consider getting around to building her a shelter of some sort!

Take Care.

No comments: