Monday, June 15, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (6/15/09)

Shemp

My Pick of the Week is the sixth volume of the recent dvd releases of The Three Stooges. This time the set contains all Shemp era shorts, and this set contains some of their shorts previously unreleased to DVD or VHS. This is the last volume they'll release which doesn't contain nothing but remakes or Joe Besser.


Also out this week on DVD is a whole bunch of Rifftrax DVDs previously available at their official site. I highly recommend their two volumes of short collections. I haven't seen any of their rifftrax featuring several public domain movies but I'm sure they're worth watching.

I guess I should see Tiger Lilly someday but it's hard watching Woody Allen movies given...you know...Woody Allen.


On Wii Virtual Console we have an arcade version of Space Harrier. I know the game probably looked good for it's time, but is this game really a classic? I've played this game in Shenmue when not looking for sailors so I have given this game a try.

On the Wii we have Ghostbusters! The Game. Please, oh please, have the classic 80s tune. Also, Nintendo, please make a Luigi's Mansion 2. Thanks.

We also have another Guitar Hero game called Smash Hits. Because three different Guitar Hero 3 games isn't enough.

Ok, this confused me but Rainbow Towers is a WiiWare game similar in idea to the recent Bubble Bobble Plus. I've never really played Rainbow Islands even though it's sorta a sequel to Bubble Bobble so I'm not sure how this game would work.

Vertigo is a Wii racing game where you... I don't know. Thanks for only including one screen shot, jerks!


For your DSi, Mario Calculator and Mario Clock for downloads. That you have to pay for. Aren't you glad you updated to a DSi?

Finally we have Flower, Sun, and Rain for the Nintendo DS. It's a mystery game about Gardening Mama, I guess.

No comments: