Monday, June 1, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (6/1/09)



The WiiWare has been on fire lately. Last week it released two classic NES game updates, and now it releases a previously unreleased Japan only game for the Wii. My Pick of the Week is Final Fantasy 4: The After Years. I wasn't a big fan of the fourth FF but this does have my interest.


Also out this week are two DVD sets about the last Super Bowl. Man, I hope next SB doesn't let me down like the past two.

This Jetson Season 2 set contains episodes made 20 years after the original series ended. I bet if I watch these I'll remember them more than the original set. Oh by the way, this is released as Volume One.


In theaters is Land of the Lost, a movie based on a TV show I know so little about that I assumed it was similar to Lost In Space and Land of the Giants. Nope, the TV series was made by the guys who gave us Witchiepoo. Might be worth a shot but I've cooled towards tv based movies a long time ago.

My Life in Ruins is made by the people who gave us My Big Fat Greek Wedding. In other words, RED ALERT! It's a chick flick!


On the WiiWare we also have Texas Hold'em Tournament. I don't know much about this game, but shouldn't card games be a dime a dozen? It just seems to me that they should offer several different card games since you could easily play a card game at some free flash game site.

No comments: