Monday, June 22, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (6/22/09)

It's time for another entry by Tork! (HOLY CRAP, IT'S ABOUT TIME!)



My Pick of the Week is Hobgoblins 2. Many MST3k fans are groaning about this one but I can't wait to see how bad it is. I want to see what Rick Sloane had in mind for a follow-up. We could very well see this movie riffed by CT or Rifftrax someday.


Also out this week in theaters is Tranformers 2. I honestly don't get the nerdy love for Transformers and the trailer wasn't helping. Hey look, that car think it's going to college! (cue laugh track!)

I don't care about the movie My Sister's Keeper but check out this synopsis:

Sara and Brian are living an idyllic life with their young son and daughter, Jesse and Kate, when they receive heartbreaking news that leads them to make an unorthodox choice in order to save Kate’s life. Their decision eventually raises both ethical and moral questions, ultimately setting off a court case that reveals surprising truths and challenges everyone’s perceptions of love and loyalty, giving new meaning to the definition of healing


Should I call foul at the last sentence or just laugh?

Is Afghan Star a movie about a people who are adjusting to life after Taliban rule or is it one big commercial for American Idol?


Also out on DVD this week is Pink Panther 2, a movie that could have come out last year or the year before but probably came out this year. It would make a great trvia question for a game show.

The original Hobgoblins comes out in a new DVD. I think it has a director's commentary, and if I had the money to toss away I'd probably buy it just to listen to it. I'm a huge fan of the MST3k episode if you haven't noticed.

I'm not sure which cartoons the Chuck Era of Tom and Jerry includes. Hopefully it's still the good cartoons before they became real cheap.

My favorite bad movie website thinks that Last Year at Marienbad is one of the worst films ever. If even Jabootu thinks that this film is bad, then it must be. This is the blue ray edition so you can watch a film narrator talk about the same items in a house over and over again in high definition.

Lincoln didn't write the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, dummies.

The husband looks like he likes his women with emotional baggage.


How to be one of the most influential video game companies: 1) Make a hit game. 2) Milk the hell out of that hit game.

Here's the latest big Wii game that will probably have terrible sales after a lot of "it's the hardcore Wii game everybody's been waiting for!" hype. Still, The Conduit may break this unfortunate mold. I hope to get this and play the 12 player online matches.

1 comment:

PM said...

Of course Lincoln didn't write the Constitution, he was too busy riding his Big Wheel.