Saturday, September 8, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 1

I bet you doubted me, but I went to King's Dominion last Sunday. So there. It was the first time I went since 1994, and I took lots of pictures. Here's how I remember the day.







My story starts here on my bed, a place all ladies dream about. This picture was taken the night before. I was just testing the camera out. I had bought Metroid Prime 3 the day before, which makes it the day before the day before. Have we all got that?




And here we go with a similar picture. By the way, the 256 MB SD card? Pffft! I wouldn't use an SD card that was that small. I used a 1 GB card on the trip.





This was taken as I was going to bed. It's two of my cats, although I can't remember which ones. Probably George and Hazel.





This was in the morning when I was waiting for my sister to pick me up. I think it's Gigi.





Yeah, it's Gigi.


My sister picked me up at about 7:45am. She was driving in a car that she had just bought the day before and showed me some of the burned cds she had. She decided to play the soundtrack to a musical called Avenue Q. Basically it was about muppets who have depressing lives, at least according to the first song. Now I can't see the Cookie Monster the same way.

Eventually we picked up my sister's fiance. We listened to the songs while I listened to those two motor-mouth a bit. We skipped a few songs, which was ok because I don't think I want to hear another song that was as unfortunately catchy as the Trekkie Monster one.




We went to some apartment complex where we picked up two other people.
In another car was going to be my sister's best friend and some guy who I never learned much about. In our car we picked up a blonde and some guy who worked with my sister. This was taken while I was waiting in the car. We were waiting for the blonde because she was late and my sister's fiance started running around like an idiot. It was here that I started thinking about how I needed to figure out how to turn off the flash.




Still need to turn off the flash. The fiance escapes for now.




GAH!! Here's a disturbing picture. It's stomach cam!

On the long trip my sister and her group started talking about stuff I wasn't interested in and some of the language was saltier than what I'm used to, so my big strategy was to pretend I was asleep in the front seat. Worked perfectly.




Nope, still haven't figured out how to turn flash off.




Ah! Here we go. This and the previous picture were taken at the entrance. I swear this thing looked like this back in the late 80s/early 90s.



Here's a picture of the park from the parking lot. You can see the Eiffel Tower, which is a third the size of the one in France. (Also seen in the background - Apparently Virginia borders St. Louis. Or a McDonalds.)




Here's a similar photo. Try to have the same reaction you had to the last one.




In the background you can see the entrance to the park. We were getting closer! (I think this guy might be one of our group, but I forget.)




I was so excited that I decided to take a picture of this trashcan. Pretty cool, huh?




BUT WAIT! I'll take a second picture! Sadly, this picture ended up blurry, so I couldn't get a good picture of the King's Dominion logo.





Another look at the entrance from a distance. Here we see some shade, which was needed during this day. We hoped for overcast weather and I would have been fine even if it started raining, but the sun was out all day, and it was hot. Thank God it wasn't humid or it would have been unbearable.





What the hell? Go already! It's already 10:30 and the park is open now.




Huh, I guess we're shy. It's like we had to work up our courage to go closer to the
ticket line and wait.




My sister's fiance got in line to wait for our tickets while we waited. He had a couple coupons to make the tickets cheaper.

Did I mention that it was hot? We waited under the shadow of a flag pole.

I don't know what I was thinking when I took this picture. I guess I just thought it would be neat if I held my camera to the side and take a picture without looking. Now it just looks weird.



Here's the gates to the park. And since I'm too bored to continue, I won't. More pictures another day.



NEXT TIME!

Will we get into the park?
Will we find some lockers to put our stuff?
Will the Redskins beat the Dolphins?
Will girls stop drooling over the pictures of my bed?
Will anybody ever figure out the mysterious distance between a man and a woman?

How would I know?

No comments: