Saturday, September 22, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 5

Last time on King's Dominion 2007 - I got wet.





Here's a better picture of the stuff found in the last picture of the last update. I bet these three games are required to be in most arcades.




And then all joy and happiness was sucked from the world, leaving us with nothing, even light.





After that, I went on my second ride. This is called the Triple Spin. The ride moved a little faster than I expected, but was still fun.





Here's a better picture. I had to shove everything I carried in my pockets to make sure I didn't lose anything. That included my camera, my glasses (I had a carrying case), and my phone. I had to sit on my map of the park because I didn't trust it to stay in my shirt pocket.





Here's one of the places I really wanted to go to. This used to be the Yogi Bear Cave, but it's since been turned into a generic pirate cave. This bed used to be an animatronic Yogi doing a scene where he tried to pull a boot out of water with a fishing poll. Boo Boo was in a picnic basket for some reason. I'm probably misremembering a lot of this. Now it's known as the Treasure Cave.




Here's a shot inside the cave. I guess I was trying to figure out which type of flash to use. There's clearly nothing here.





Inside the cave I'm still playing with the flash option. I was at a section where you choose between two paths. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the ceiling or the floor or what.




Ah, so this is the off option, huh? I'll avoid that for now, thank you.






I think I'm looking into the room of the photo I took two pictures ago. It's definitely looking into one of the two paths you take at the fork.





SMOKING GUN! For those of you who think this is really a pirate's cave, I want to ask you why there's a sign that says "BEAR LEFT." Try to argue out of that one!



Here's some free cave wallpaper for your computer. Download it here.





Here's some treasure. Apparently the pirates stole from some Egyptians and left it in a cave. See, I wouldn't put a priceless pot on a ledge where it could easily tip over, but that's me. I'm too wimpy to be a pirate.




Ok, how did these grow without sunlight?





If you're wondering why I took a picture of this, it's because I heard that Ranger Smith could still be found in this cave, and I looked everywhere for him. I took some pictures where I was holding my camera over holes looking down.





This is a big percentage of the treasure right here. Kinda disappoining. You'd think there would be treasure chests full of gold at some poin.





There were more treasures, but they were held behind glass. More traditional treasure is found here, but no Ranger Smith. Too bad you can't see it.





Then a glowing face hugger attacked! Also, I noticed that someone from the park was standing around while I was taking pictures. I realized that she was probably making sure no kids were being kidnapped. I decided to leave before too long.




This...I don't even know.




Again, I don't know. I wasn't sure if I was going to end up with even half my pictures being any good at this poin.




We end this par with the end of the Yogi/Pirate Cave. This sign warns you of a hallway that's slanted. You end up tripping as you try to leave.



Next time:

Will I escape from this cave?
Will I find something to eat?
Will I accidently bump into somebody familiar? Unfortunately...

No comments: