Monday, September 17, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (9/17/07)



My Pick of the Week is this animated movie about the death of Superman. I don't follow comics, so I only heard about this as a kid. The closest I heard about the series was playing the mediocre Death and Return of Superman Beat-em-up game. I wasn't a big fan of the Superman cartoon, but mostly because I was more of a fan of Batman. I'm sure my dad'll pick this up since he's a huge Superman fan.

For U2 fans we have a limited edition dvd of PopMart (Live from Mexico City.)

Do you really need a deluxe version of Deliverance? I mean, really?

Speaking of Deliverance, they somehow made a sequel to Bloodrayne. The Terminatrix doesn't return, oddly enough.

JUMP THE SHARK!


You know what the best part of the thirtiest anniversary of Saturday Night Fever is? The fact that the seventies continue to get farther and farther away from us.


There's nothing interesting in theaters so lets go straight to video games.

On the DS we have Namco Museum DS. I have all five Namco Museums, and the first one was the reason that I bought a PlayStation instead of a Nintendo 64. All the games are good except for the tough Tower of Druaga. Why the heck that game was popular in Japan I'll never know without bashing Japan. Good games include Pac-Man (no Ms, though) Mappy, Galaga, and Dig Dug.

Sonic Rush Adventure is the latest Sonic game. This one isn't 3d so critics will love it.

For the Wii Virtual Console we have Yoshi's Story, a game that I never played and that seemed to piss off a lot of fans of Yoshi's Island.

No comments: