Friday, September 21, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 4

Last time on King's Dominion 2007, there was a bell. I think.



I said that the first ride I went on was the Shenadoah Log Plume ride, but before I did that I went over to the entrance of the White Water Canyon ride, which is the best ride ever. When I was last at this park, I ran to this ride and got in line immediately.

Now the ride is so popular that they close it till noon. Jerks.




Here's the entrance and exit to the White Water Canyon. The line is pretty long, and you get to read a lot of graffiti in line. Sadly, the observational area/exit doesn't really let you observe much of the White Water Canyon ride, or I would have taken a ton more pictures.




Abandoned all hopes of being dry, ye who enter here.




This sign is to the right of the previous picture. I guess I love the WWC ride so much I decided to take a picture of this.

I think requiring you to have shoes is a bit of a joke, since they'll be soaked after the ride is over.

Anyway, I went back to the Shenandoah Log Flume ride and got in line. The line wasn't too bad since it was the morning. You get into a log and ride around a water track. There are two poins where you are taken up like a rollercoaster and you splash back down. The second time is much higher than the first time, but still not high. (Although when I was real young, I was chicken even for that ride. Later I would go on it 3 or 4 times.)

Since it wasn't so crowded, the people working the ride didn't even alternate between two incoming logs like they usually do when there's a lot of people. In front of me was a family. The girl really didn't want to go on for some fussy reason. Finally, when it was there turn to get on, the father almost started pulling her onto the ride before deciding to leave. The son wasn't happy at all. It was suddenly my turn and I got the log to myself.

I got a little wet during the second descent. It wasn't too bad but I was wearing jeans. As I exited, I noticed a booth with a picture of me going down the second slide. I can't remember if they had this the last time I was here, so I was amused by this. I bought two keychains with a photo of me for 12 bucks, even if the photo was flattering at all. I looked constipated in the picture.



After I exited the ride I noticed a butterfly on the ground.



Yes, I was trying to take as many pictures as possible. The camera I had promised I could take 999 pictures, and it was still early in the day.





Here's the second, longer slide. At the peak you can see some guy working something. He's probably responsible for capturing your picture.





And here's a log with a family in it. They are about to get SOOOOO wet!





And here's another look at the slide. I'm sure that's the camera they use in this picture.





Not so far from the Old Virginia section of King's Dominion is a theater where they host shows daily. Here's the sign where they list the show.




Today's show was Twistin' to the Sixties, with two showtimes.




Here's the theater. I'm sure this was named something else before Paramount took over, although I wouldn't remember. I went here once when it was the Paramount Theater and saw The Naked Gun on ice.





I remember when the biggest name coaster for King's Dominion was the Grizzly, which I'm sure is still around. That was before the Anaconda opened. I'm sure that's why there is a bear here.




Here is a tunnel next to the theater. I took a picture of it since it's been there since I was a kid, and I remember it as a divider between the place where the theater is and whatever is on the other side. Plus, you got to love this shade.





My camera decided to do LSD at this poin. Kids, don't do drugs.



Yeah, it wasn't really a good idea to take a picture of this, but I tried anyway.




If I remember correctly, there was a hawk or an airplane in the sky. I wasn't trying to take place of the restroom. That would have gotten me a few stares.





I'm not even sure where this is. That might be a restaurant in the distance, but I don't even know. I'm sure I moved the camera too quickly after I hit the button.




This blurry picture was taken in another arcade found on the other side of the tunnel. Even if I wanted to spend money there, it was all generic stuff like you can sorta make out here.

This might have been the arcade next to the virtual reality ride. This ride made you put on goggles and run. And by running, I mean you sit in a seat and stomp your feet. I didn't play that.







Claw machines, ticket games, and more. All blurry.




Next time!!


What ride will I get on next?
Will I get something to eat today?
Will I stop taking blurry photos?

No comments: