Friday, September 14, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 2

Last time on King's Dominion 2007....oh, go read it yourself!



We're still at the entrance, waiting a long time for the tickets. I don't think I took a picture of the crowd, which is too bad. It was a bit long and I quickly got impatient. The park didn't open until 10:30 and I wanted to start as quickly as I could.

This wobbly picture was probably taken after I moved too quickly after pushing the button. I had to remember to keep still the whole day.



America! America! This is a picture from the front gate looking back towards the park. I was trying to take as many pictures as I could so why not this flag?



And here's more pictures toward the parking lots. Some groups were coming up this path as we waited, and I started to worry that the park was going to be crowded.

Finally we got our tickets. We had to put our stuff through security before getting in. I can't remember if the park had that in the 80s/90s, although it probably did and I just can't remember it. But I sure don't remember it.





Here's the first thing you see when you enter the park. Here's a pool with three fountains in it. In the distance you can see the Eiffel Tower, and in front of you is the park's name. On the left and right you have many souvenier shops and some restaurants. The trees give you some nice shade. Too bad this picture is dark. Oh well.



Here's a slightly better picture. To the right you can almost make out one of the tables where you can eat under an umbrella.



Then the sun exploded, killing all life as we know it.









Back at the entrance. I don't remember standing around for so long. I wanted to drop off the bag of close I was carrying at the nearest locker. My sister knew of a place where we could do that so I decided to follow her.

First, we needed to get a group photo for the day. I have that photo but it's not very flattering for me. I didn't smile. Which is weird because I thought I was, but I guess I'm even frownier than I thought.

In other news, frownier is too a word.






Here's a picture of an intersection on our long path to the water works area. The lockers were located somewhere beyond this. This picture shows that I can really pick the idea things to snap a picture of.








Here's a ride that I saw on the way over. You get in your seat in a square located on a sky-high poll. You get lifted up, and then you suddenly plummet towards the ground. I can't stand hights, so there's no way I could go on it.


When we finally got to the lockers we each payed ten bucks for a key. I got locker number 100. I wanted the clothes to be used for after I got sweaty or wet from a couple rides I went on, but I never did change that day. I did come back a couple times to put stuff I bought into it. One time a lady had locker 1003 and I watched her try to get into my locker by accident.





Despite the fact that I just told you that this ride is scary to me, I decided to take a few pictures of it's name. Apparently the ride is called the "Sunny Tower."






Err, I meant the Stunt Tower. Since King's Dominion used to be owned by Paramount in the early nineties till recently, it transformed into a movie park. The mascots changed from Hannah Barbara characters to Klingons. I didn't see any mascot characters this day, which was too bad. I wonder if there are any since Cedar Fair took over.





Then the North Koreans attacked. Jerks.







Whoa, by shaking the camera it looks like I'm doing my own stunt! Look out!!! Whew! That was a close one.




Here's a ride I love. The swings ride...and this is an adults variety. I walked by this ride several times before going on it.






This sign is under one of the roller coasters, although I couldn't tell you which one. I took this picture because it somehow reminded me of the gondola lift ride that the park no longer has. It's too bad, because even though I'm a chicken, I did like going on that ride, at least a couple times.





I was on my own at this poin so I walked back towards the entrance of the park. I passed by a few games like a bowling one (strike equals giant prize, spare equals big, five bucks to play) and three poin basketball shot games.

Here I decided to take a picture of the fountains again. Aren't they pretty?







Hey look! If you film it in the shade, your picture won't get ruined so badly! See? I'm capable of learning.






Here I try to get all three into a single picture. Almost succeeded, too.




Yup, more of this.






What the heck!? This is almost the same picture! That was a waste of perfectly good bytes.



I'm ending right now before image 41 turns out to be the same thing.



Next time:

Will I go on a ride? Probably.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

So no more Hannah Barbera characters any more? Too bad, Scooby's roller coaster was fun. I wonder if they got rid of it or just changed the name.

Fun pics, and too bad you didn't include the frowny picture anyway.