Saturday, January 26, 2008

It makes me want to...I don't know.

Something I forgot to mention yesterday.


Rhino is no longer the company that will release MST3k eps. Now It's Shout! Factory, which previously released The Film Crew tetralogy. The last Rhino release will be the rerelease of MST3k Volume 10.

This calls for some cautious optimism! Rhino has only released about four random episodes per year, and for sixty dollars each. I would have been glad to pay that much back in the late nineties, but when the first volume came out I had already bought several of these episodes on VHS, so my DVD collection is incomplete to say the least. Rhino has also frustrated MSTies by having polls for which episodes to release and promises of extras, which never led anywhere. Flash game aside, I don't think that Rhino's heart was into it.

Shout! Factory, even if it has an annoying name, seems like an interesting up an coming company for nerds. Besides The Film Crew, they also were the ones that released the Super Mario cartoons that I loved as a kid. I was hoping they would release season one in a single package but I just read this. I have my doubts, but I look forward to their first release. Please Shout!, don't disappoin me.

Rhino, I would like to thank you for releasing about 30-40 episodes for us MSTies to own. Shout! Factory, I hope you keep that up and exceed Rhino's efforts. Thank you both.

No comments: