Saturday, January 26, 2008

Not to be rude...

but why!?!?!! Why is Mike Nelson punting on the Batman and Robin Rifftrax? That's the one movie I was anticipating, so why is it being written by fans? And why is it being charged full price? I know it's still being performed by Mike, Bill, and Kevin, but if they aren't going to write it, what's the poin? When I saw posts about fans writing a rifftrax, I thought said fans were going to make their own dumb Rifftrax and post it for free. I would pay maybe a quarter for this Rifftrax, maybe fifty cents if the reviews are good. Still, if I wanted to hear a fan Rifftrax, I would go to the Rifftrax forum more often. I barely go to that or the CT forum as it is.

I don't get it. Part of the fun of a Batman and Robin Rifftrax would have been listening to the guys' disgust at the movie, but now they're just reciting lines written by some nerds. Couldn't they have experimented with another movie?

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

I kind of have to agree with you, T-Dog. While I fully support just about anything Rifftrax does, I'm meeting this venture with a big shrug of my shoulders and a "Meh." I'm not such a fan of sub-par riffs (as evidenced by the fact that I rarely read any MSTings posted on the Duh) and I have doubts that even the Riffmasters will be able to salvage this mess. Still, I wouldn't think twice about getting it if it wasn't full price. I'd download it for a buck, certainly, and maybe even $1.99, but I'm balking at full price.

I'll probably wind up downloading it, but only after I've downloaded everything else.