Monday, January 7, 2008

This Week in Entertainment (1/07/07)


My Pick of the Week is another Virtual Console game. It's Startropics, a game I got because it was featured in two issues of Nintendo Power. It's an interesting Zelda-ish game about a boy who fights with a yo-yo. 500 Wii Poins.


On DVd this week is the entire Sweating to the Oldies set! Even the disappoining third one!

It's 3:10 to Yuma, a movie with a stupid title and probably nothing more.

I've never seen this iteration of Scooby Do, but can you believe there's almost as many Scooby episodes as Simpsons episodes? That's mind-blowing.

All-Star version of Family Feud. And by that, we mean various B-stars from sitcoms from the sixties and seventies.

One of the greatest movies of all times!
Not because I've seen it, but because it gave us the Overdrawn at the Memory Bank episode of MST3k.

How many Superfriends series were there? I think they could mark these things better.




On the Wii is Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. Uhh, didn't they already release this for the GameCube? Is Sega really trying?

Also out is the Wii's version of Harvey Birdman. Since it's a Phoenix Wright rip-off, it would only be fair to call objections by thrusting the remote towards the screen.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Whoohoo! Star Tropics!!! I want to go talk to the queen, because I love the music they play for that.

I got all the way to the end of that thing but could never defeat the aliens on the spaceship. And I managed to make it past the bowling balls and everything!!!