Friday, January 25, 2008

The Time Tube

So now we know the answer to a question I raised in my The Oozing Skull review. It's not really a feature of Cinematic Titanic, which I assume won't have a backstory. It's just a container that will contain all the movies that CT will riff. It's called the 500 Film Movie Riff Project, and after it's full the CT team will bury it for future people to dig up.

My first thought while I was reading this post was 500?! Seriously? I would be happy if there were 100 episodes of CT. That would mean that the project was a success and there were plenty of films for them to license. But 500? They'll have a maximum of 12 before this year is over. I can only assume that 500 was just a number they picked. I'm glad that they're this enthusiastic, but it's not the least bit realistic. (And do DVDs really last that long? They're better than tape, but I've read about DVDs not working after a while.)

Wait, it's made of styrofoam and they're going to bury it? Heh, that ought to piss off the right people. I fully approve of that. Still, it's too bad it's not an evil butterfly that will burst out of its cocoon and eat Joel once the project is canceled. That would have made a great ending, and something Rifftrax could never do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the reference at the end regarding Rifftrax. Is that a dig at Mike, Kevin and Bill?

Tork said...

No, it's just poor writing. The part about burying a time capsule has nothing to do with Rifftrax. The last part had to do with how Rifftrax is limited in how it can do host segments because it's an audio only thing.