Saturday, July 12, 2008

Robot Master Saturday #1

I've got space to fill and drawings from my childhood. Let's waste a post and some photobucket bandwith!


I loved the Mega Man series. Sometime around the release of the third game I got the Nintendo Power magazine that covered the game. For some reason I decided to draw a picture of all the villians in the first three games. I have no art skills, so I just tried to copy the pictures provided in the magazine or the instruction manuals that I had. I think I may have drawn the bosses from Mega Man 1 before I got the game.

Mega Man 9 will be released for the Wii in September. I'm going to post one picture a week and see how well the picture holds up. (I.E., I'll make fun of my bad drawing. Feel free to join in.) Let's take a look of our first boss, who is labeled #3 in the official ordering.





Cut Man had scissors on his head which he used as a boomerang. And that's it, besides his constant hopping. On the bottom of this picture I added the order which I like to fight the robots and the weapon to defeat them with.

As for the drawing, yikes. It looks like I gave him a pretty ribbon on his misshaped body. His left arm is in a cast and his left leg has turned two-dimensional.
(Yeah, I know, but it looks like he's a robot with one regular leg and one flattened leg.) The funny part is that I think I started with the Mega Man 2 robots, so the drawings are sure to get worse than this. I can't wait.

If you want to poke fun, feel free to post your snark as a reply. Here's the original sprite for comparison.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

I like the way you drew his mouth. [/snark]