Monday, July 28, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (7/28/08)


I don't know anything about this movie, but I'm making Forbidden Zone my Pick of the Week based on the fact that it's being promoted by Rifftrax. It seems too weird for my tastes, but maybe it's worth a look.



Also out this week is the third Mummy movie. If I did this last week, I probably would have made it the pick of the week, but I'm glad I held off cause the movie has a NINE percent on the tomato meter.



Out on DVD this week is Season One of Freakazoid! It was ok, but I only watched the show because it was on before Earthworm Jim. I never fully got the show.

Another Warner Bros. cartoon of the late 80s/early 90s is Tiny Toons and this set is volume one of season one. I liked this show as a kid but when I reached pre-adolescence I started hating it. Animaniacs soon came along and was much better written and drawn.

Here's a Dick Tracy serial. I picked it last week but I can't remember why, so pretend I said something interesting or funny.

When the original Indiana Jones movie was a huge hit, Allan Quarterman was released to cash in. When the last Indiana movie was made, this movie was also made.


For the Wii we have SNK Classics. I include this not because I've ever played an SNK game, but because this collection is probably cheaper than downloading any of the games on the VC.

MLB Power Pros 1 was a fun game for the Wii that I borrowed for a little bit. Here's this seasons version, rather late. Protip: The Nats aren't a good team.

You know those books that have several different puzzles in them, like crosswords, logic grids, and so forth? I love those. This game is probably better suited for the DS, but here's Puzzler Collection for the Wii.


Another collection of mini-games for the Wii, this game will probably get killed by Mario and Sonic when that game is inevitably rereleased.

No comments: