Monday, July 7, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (7/7/08)



My Pick of the Week is the second Hellboy movie. I never heard of the comic book before seeing the first movie but I really liked it. If it weren't for Batman and Indy this would have been my top pick of the summer. Especially since I have a small crush on Selma Blair.

Also out in theaters to be demolished by Hellboy is Journey to the Center of the Earth. It's 3D, so there. It stars Brendan Frasier, who's likable but I can't see him as anybody but George of the Jungle.

Also also out in theaters is Meet Dave, the spiritual sequel to Pluto Nash, maybe. I love MST3k, but don't you think it's desperate to advertise the movie as being written by Bill Corbett? I mean, look at how boring the title is.


Out on DVD and just in time for the upcoming Batman movie is this animated Batman movie. I'm not sure what it's about but it has the Scarecrow, Killer Croc, and Deadshot. It's suppose to be six chapters long.

Speaking of animated Batman, The Batman Season Five is out. FIVE SEASON!? I've only watched a couple episodes of this show, and it's no Batman: TAS.

Just in time for The Journey to the Center of The Earth, it's The Journey to the Center of The Earth, only not 3d and less special effect-y.

Now a couple of DVDs that Lita will appreciate. The first is the third season of The Dog Whisperer. I'd say something but my knowledge of the show comes exclusively from that South Park episode.

The other DVD is The U2 Phenomenon: The Independent Review. Independent meaning what, exactly? The two amazon reviews suggest that random nobodies give their thoughts on the band in a bad documentary.


On the Wii, we have the Wonder World Amusement Park, which is a collection of mini-gam...Sigh, next entry.

Also out on the Wii is the next entry in the "I bet we can make money by slapping the words Final Fantasy to the title" series. It's Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon.

No comments: