Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Look Out, Old Bots Are Back!



MST3k is back! Sorta.

The official MST3k website is now going back to its old url, MST3kinfo.com. MST3k.com is now owned by Best Brain Inc., who are going to produce animated episodes of the 'Bots. BBI President Jim Mallon will be a writer as well as the returning voice for Gypsy, who I'm guessing isn't the head of ConGypCo anymore. Returning MST3k writer Paul Chaplin will also write for this series, and is going to be Crow #3. No word on who will be the next Servo, but the article on the front page of mst3kinfo.com hints at new performers.

Presumably the show will just be about some misadventures of our favorite wise -cracking puppets/robots. What I find really interesting is that the old show is now being referred to as "the legacy show" and we may see some vault material from BBI as well. I always wanted BBI to release a tape of all the promos they did. Right now we are being promised behind-the-scenes footage.

I know I've been lax on updating this blog, but I'm going to review each episode they make. Can't wait till November 5th!

No comments: