Thursday, October 4, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 9

Last time on King's Dominion 2007: I was on top of a tower. And I guess I still am. Or was.




Hey look, it's the same photo that I ended the last entry with, only darker. I sure know how to pace these things.





You can see the water rides at the bottom here. More on those later.





There's the Paramount Theater on the left.





I still can't believe how small this parking lot looks. When I was a kid it seemed much bigger, but you know how kids lack perspective.





Here's something new. This is the path you can take if you go in the direction from the entrance towards the tower and keep going that way. On the left is a ride that's been around since the park's opening. This ride I went on later, so we'll get to that one.





Here's the same picture only sideways. It's funny how many trees the park has from above, since I don't notice that many trees while walking around. Here you can't help but notice them, and this is a great area for shade.





Whoa! Don't look down! This is the kind of thing I see before a shock goes through my body, even if I know that there's a gate between me and gravity.






Here's a ride I went on later. You control how sharp you swing around by shifting the thing in front of you to the left or right. I have more pictures of it.






Why am I even bothering to post this picture? Let's move on.





Here's the stuff that keeps you from falling to your death. I had to place my camera between the bars everytime I took a picture, so I was a bit worried about dropping it.





It's a madhouse! A madhouse!

I would like to poin out that the floor seemed a bit loose at the side closest to the entrance. Look into that, guys.





EAT CLOUDS, SUN! One of my biggest fears about going up this tower was baking to death, but I picked the right time.





The Avalanche, Tomb Raider: The Ride, and Volcano all in the distance.





It's that curly cue roller coaster! Have I figured out which one it is? Let me check Wiki.

I think this may be the Shockwave, because the Roller Coaster database says it was painted orange and green. I like those two colors but I don't think they go together.

Edit: NO, this is the Anaconda, one of King's Dominion's most famous rides. The thing that gives it away, if you know to look for it, is the artificial lake that it's over.






I was just looking for any excuse to take a picture while up on the tower.





Oh wait, THIS Is the Shockwave. Then what the heck is the orange roller coaster?

Anyway, here I am using my camera's zoom feature while trying to catch the coaster in action.





Wheeeee! Standing up! Going down! Wheeee!





QUICK! Take a right!





I should have taken a video of this, but I guess I lacked the patience to wait for another group.





Going up!




Next time:

Will those people make it down?
Will I ever get off this stupid tower?
Will I ever finish putting these pictures up even though it's been a month already? We'll see.

No comments: