Friday, October 12, 2007

Tork Picks Week 6

Here are my picks (remember, I avoid the spread like crazy.)

I'll take:

Chi over Minn
Cle over Mia
Was over GB
Cin over KC
Phi over NYJ
TB over Tenn
Hou over Jac
Bal over StL
-
Car over Ari
NE over Dal
SD over Oak
-
Sea over NO
-
NYG over Atl


Notes:

The Patriots should kill Dallas. I think while the Dallas fanbase is trying to convince itself that last week's game was a sign of never giving up (and "hey, New England hasn't played anybody with a winning record either!"), this game will be a wake up call.

If not, and if the Skins lose, I'm going to be really depressed. And if Dallas beats the Pats again during the Super Bowl, I will make it my life mission to wipe out the previous three Pat Super Bowls.

Naturally there was a lot of annoying Dallas hype. I would blame it on the fact that people want something new, but this is the Cowboys we're talking about. The media is glad that they're finally halfway relevant again.

I don't know why I'm picking the Skins other than I think they are a pretty good team. I just hope injuries don't kill them in the long run, because it would be great if the Redskins had a great record going into Dallas.

Last week I was two correct picks away from having my first perfect week. Too bad I was dumb enough to pick the Saints. That won't happen again this year. (Stupid Saints and Bears. Why couldn't it be Dallas who screwed up my week? I wouldn't have mind.)

I probably won't be anywhere as close this week, because I've picked many road teams. We'll see. I think I'm off to my best start since I've been doing this (sometime in 2000. I've got the old notebook somewhere.)

I just remembered that the Packers lost last week, so they'll want blood versus the Skins. At home. My pick is looking dumber by the second.

Hardest game to pick - Arizona vs the Panthers. I just don't trust the Cardinals.




Last week: 12-2
Total: 53-23

No comments: